5 quick and easy style tips to use now.
Forever 21 shirt / AGOLDE jeans / Louis Vuitton bag / Ray-Ban sunglasses / Toni Pons espadrilles / Vintage watch
I know not everyone is into fashion like I am or necessarily cares too much. But I think there is a desire in everyone that they want to look good...right! So I thought I would share just some quick and simple tips that you can apply to your looks now.
1. When in doubt; White tee and jeans. There is nothing as understated yet perfect as a simple white t-shirt and jeans look. Just add a cute pair of shoes (can be whatever) and a blazer or leather jacket and your set.
2. Size Matters - If you have parts of your body that you want to hide, make sure you do it properly. People with a bit of a tummy tend to wear oversized things that drape over but that will actually just make you look bigger and frumpier. Wear a bottom that cuts you off at your biggest point to create the illusion of a smaller size. If you have thighs (like me) find jeans that are a wider, straight leg so your legs appear thinner.
3. Matchy matchy - If you have trouble with not knowing what looks good together then match colours is a fail safe. Wear accessories of the same colour, like if you have gold earrings on the the rest of the jewelry should be gold as well. If you have a black bag, then wear black shoes. Keep the colours simple. White, black, denim, grey are great for basic pieces that match everything.
4. Tailoring. Another great way to look more sophisticated and put together is if the item fits you like a glove. There is nothing wore then people wearing clothes that are way to big or small on them. Be realistic of your size and dress accordingly. If you are petite and denim is always to long then roll up the bottom or even get it hemmed. For women with bigger chests, make sure your bra fits, go get sized. A bra that fits and keeps the girls up will make everything look better on you and remember that you will have cleavage anyway so no need for low cut tops.
5. Have fun with it. Cliché, I know. But for real, maybe you haven't cared because you didn't think you should or because it was too daunting but if you have fun with it and you feel good in something you are wearing it will totally boost your confidence which we all need from time to time. Also there is nothing wrong with putting time into yourself and investing in pieces that make you feel good. Feeling good about yourself is the most important aspect of it all!!!
I hope that this helps someone and if it does, please let me know. Happy weekend everybody!!